SEK International School is committed to fostering innovation in their classrooms with the BlinkLearning platform. This way, teachers can access educational content from more than 100 of the main national and international publishers, as well as personalise the content for their students.
The agreement, effective since the school year 2017/2018, covers nine SEK Group centres, including their international centres in Doha, the French Alps and Dublin, and a total of more than 6,000 students. According to Joaquín Rodríguez, Director of Educational Technology at the SEK Education Group, ‘BlinkLearning will help the entire SEK educational community to access educational content more easily and flexibly, which translates into improved knowledge management at our institution’.
In addition to offering multiple publishers, BlinkLearning provides cross device compatibility and helps schools customise or create their own content, access content offline, among other advantages.
As for BlinkLearning, which by 2020/2021 will have more than 3.5 million active users, it is pleased to have the opportunity to offer its educational solutions to such a prestigious organisation as SEK. According to Gonzalo Baranda, CEO of BlinkLearning: ‘It is an honour to be able to include the SEK group in our network of schools, we hope to be a useful tool for teachers and to contribute to the prestigious educational model they already have in place’.
- SEK-Ciudalcampo (north area of Madrid)
- SEK-El Castillo (northwest area of Madrid)
- SEK-Santa Isabel (north area of Madrid)
- SEK-Catalunya (Barcelona)
- SEK-Atlántico (Pontevedra)
- SEK-Alborán (Almería)
- SEK-Qatar (Qatar)
- SEK-Les Alpes (France)
- SEK-Dublin (Ireland)
This agreement provides SEK students and teachers with access to the following BlinkLearning features:
- Access to digital books from more than 100 publishers.
- Centralisation of all digital content on a single platform, accessible to the entire educational community and integrated into the SEK ecosystem.
- Development of self-correcting exercises, activities, homework and exams that help teachers speed up the correction process.
- Integration of digital content with classroom management (classes, grades, internal messaging, etc.)
- Digital backpacks service.
- Teachers have the option of complementing the digital textbooks with their own content to adapt to the individual needs of students.
- Personalised technical support from BlinkLearning.
About the SEK International Schools
The SEK Education Group encompasses an educational community that fosters the development of skills that guarantee relevant, global, international and meaningful learning. The goal of this learning style is to attain the full, all-round realisation of each of our students’ potential to tackle the challenges set by the 21st century.
Founded in 1892, the SEK Education Group brings together leadership, teaching innovation and over 128 years of tradition and history. SEK International Schools cater for over 6.000 boarding and day students between the ages of 0 and 18 from over 70 nationalities at their nine centres.
BlinkLearning is a technology company specialised in developing solutions for education. The platform gives teachers and students the possibility to manage their virtual classrooms and access more than 25,000 digital books from over 100 national and international educational publishers from any device, whether online or offline.
In 2015, BlinkLearning was selected by the Forbes USA magazine as one of the 10 EdTech companies you should know about worldwide. And in 2018 it was included in the FT 1000 ranking, the list of Europe’s fastest growing companies, compiled by the Financial Times.
During 2020 and 2021, BlinkLearning became the learning platform of choice for remote lessons in schools in Europe, Latin America and the USA, with more than 3.5 million active users.